My Ranking Points
CALLING ALL WRITERS (help this kid out):
HELLO. so i am stalling writing a darker scene and instead writing a “crush story” (that i will temporarily give up on because it is not reflective of my writing skillz + is distracting me from what i need to write) SO UHHH HELP ME
anyone here who’s familiar w/ med? like yall older people taking med courses in college or university? or at least someone who can give me good advice about this:
1. Say you were abandoned and left for dead by someone who you love very much (family/friends). How would you react to seeing them ten years later?
2. What would be the relationship of someone who’s very indecisive and prone to self-blaming to someone who’s confident and aware of what they want in life? Where could they conflict?
3. How do you think these characters would interact w/ each other: The former Heir to the Throne who has just been brought back to life ten years postmortem (read: after death), a snarky mercenary who has no loyalties and always carries a lighter, an extremely intelligent but depressed ex-medical student accused of murder, a flirtatious ballerina who is in a lesbian relationship with a goddess, a publisher and propagandist for a radical feminist newspaper who pretends to have magic, a successful painter who hides his magic from the public, and a transgender speaker and soldier for the revolution who’s always full of ideas. honestly just curious. who seems the most interesting to read about? possible thoughts on a plot? How would these people work together?
4. What is your favorite fairytale? If you don’t have any, what’s a fairytale that isn’t really well-known but you would like to see adapted into a retelling?
5. What’s your favorite story trope? (For example: the bad boy trope, the “seems Evil but is Good trope”, the “has to work together despite not being friends” trope. A trope is something that reoccurs in works of fiction. Sometimes tropes can become cliches.)
6. Personal question. WRITERS. What’s your WIP (Work in Progress/story) about? I always love hearing what other people are up to. GIVE ME SPOILERS. WHO ARE UR CHARACTERS. WHAT’S UR SUMMARY. TALK TO ME WRITERS BC I’M GETTING INSPIRED TO REVIVE MY WRITING ADVICE COLUMN.
MILDLY YIKES QUESTIONS AHEAD (READ AT UR OWN RISK IF U DON’T LIKE DEATH PLS DON’T READ IT):
1. if someone bashed their head on a heavy metal object and was knocked unconscious, for how long would they be unconscious?
2. for how long would someone be unconscious if a scalp wound was inflicted?
3. on falling from a high place (say 20 meters) and breaking your skull, how long would it take for you to hemorrhage to death, head bashing and scalp wound already inflicted?
Yo, will you still be up later? 😂 Pauwi pa lang us from Pangasinan, eh *sobs* When I connect to better weefee, I’ll answer them as best as I can hahahaha!
Wait pala hahaha! ‘Wag na us magpuyat 😛 😂 I’ll read through all of them and have [some] answers tomo (because I’m not functioning 100% rn hahaha! Umalis kami nang 4AM, wala pa kami sa Pampanga now 💀💀💀 yaw q nuh)
HALAAA TAGA-PAMPANGA KAYOOOO ??? JUSQ DIYAN GALING SI LOLA HAHAHAHA
INGAT KA BEB HAHAHA TULOG MUNA ,, kakagising ko lang nga ngek HAHAHHA
I LOVE U CHARLIE LEGIT HAHAHA THANK U SO MUCH FOR HELPING THIS USELESS WRITER AND PUTTING UP WITH MY INCOHERET RANTS ABOUT WRITING 🙁 IF THERE IS ANYTHING I CAN DO SABIHIN MO LANG SA AKIN
super hyped ako para sa stories mo, esp yung abt the bookworm halaaaa fav na fav. also parang GoT yung world so sign me up??? glad to hear u guys got back home safely from pampanga hehe
alsooo loolol thats vvv much the perfect way to describe them HAHAHA.
on a side note, thank you for helping me kill viktor for the first time whoops. your med insight was really helpful, along with the suggestions of the other writers to use google and med sites. am always truly indebted to yall users on this lovely website.
idk if youve noticed HAHAHA pero sinesetup ko sina viktor + clara but it will not end well. idk dati ship na ship ko si clara at henri pero nung nasulat ko yung interaction niya w/ viktor it was just like AAA why.
You’ll know the chances of someone surviving that fall is very, very slim if you get to them and there’s already bruising around the eyes (think raccoon eyes), and cerebrospinal fluid or blood (like Gwen Stacy!) coming out of the nose, mouth, and ears (there was this episode in Grey’s where this girl didn’t survive the operation; brain swelling due to trauma can happen, too, I think).
And, like, I feel sorry for Viktor, definitely. But as a fellow writer, I SUPPORT IT. I AM ALL FOR IT. YOU BE HARSH ON YOUR BEANS! 😂😂😂 I honestly got Viktor’s backstory wrong, because I thought that when you said “he was dead and resurrected”, you meant he faked his death and will bring himself back into the scene ala Simoun in El Fili. BUT YOU ARE NOT MESSING AROUND, ARE YA’? ARE YA’?????!!!!! 😂😂😂
HAHAHHAHA. @prstncharlie, i actually love rizal’s works??? he’s weirdly funny, in a vv 19th-century kind of way. i may be also extremely biased because we are related and he is probably one of the only famous people i am related to.
my naming of clara is in part a homage to the original maria clara, considering that if you look at my story from a real-world perspective, clara would have been born just a few years after the death of rizal and the philippine revolution.
that’s it i guess??? that’s the tweet
For the first one, I’d say to act simultaneously as if you want to run to them and embrace them, but also to stand off a bit. Does this help?
Um… number one.
You know the story of Joseph and the Coat of Many Colors? (It’s a popular bible story, and a musical is called Joseph and the Technicolor Dreamcoat) It’s basically that plot?
I go through these types of questions on a daily basis as a writer, but some of them are based on the character’s personality. Others are just things that Google might be able to help you, like the scalp wound.