My Ranking Points
We don’t post one-liners here, purely because they clutter the forum.
@cuteypie1mint, they just said that they’re new here. Why not welcome them first before reminding them about this?
Alas, pardon me
@flyingnarwhal21 New here?
(tutorials??? down below, READ READ READ)
I’m one of the ancient members here on LEVEL 0, and I’m here to take you on a tour around the Clearing :> I’m going to tell you how to get
away with murder started here:
1. Welcome! The Clearing is the welcoming place for any Ever and Never. Being on LEVEL 0 doesn’t exactly indicate your RPing skills. You can be in L0, L1, L2, even in L3 at the same time :>
2. To start your adventure, you must create a character and his/her/their bio.
A typical bio consists of the following:
Faerie Tale Lineage/Parents: side note here: ANYONE can be a parent. Two women? Two men? Muggles? Unknown people? Disney? It’s your shot, don’t throw it away.
And other stuff you might want to add :>
You can create as many characters as you want, and even share characters with other users (with their consent, of course). Just make sure that you can handle them all!
3. You write the story of their time in SGE. It can be pre-book, book-era, or post-book, you decide! In writing your story, there are no boundaries – write however you want, and put in whatever you want. Let’s get creative!
Next, keeping up with the chapters. You can just wing it and type your chapters in the box up there…. or you can put everything in a document and just copy-paste things into the box! (That’s what some of us do, just saying :>)
4. Tagging. This is important if you want a specific person *winky wink* to be notified of your post. It can be useful too if you want to see someone’s activity (just click on their tagged name and you will be taken to their page. Then you can look at their activities
and stalk them.) To tag someone, use that @ symbol and then add your desired recipient of the tag. For me, it’s @soulreaper :> What about yours?
5. This website uses basic HTML, so if you know it, then you can use your knowledge to style your text and add pictures :>, yes darling, that includes images.
6. Please, please, please, I cannot emphasize this enough, RESPECT respect respect respect RESPECT RESPECT FRIGGING RESPECT the forum rules. Do NOT post one-liners (literally posts with only one line), do NOT spam the forum, post ONLY RP-related content in this forum. Respect other RPers in L0 (as well as the other levels), and do NOT post hate comments. Those who break the rules will be reported and banned. We’re serious.
7. If you ever disagree with something or want to voice your opinion, be prepared to take criticism, understand that? People will either agree or disagree with you. You’re a special snowflake, but so are all of us. Be cool. Act mature, not like a spoiled 5-year old.
If you have any questions, feel free to tag me, @soulreaper, in your post. I will be happy to help. Oh, and please don’t spam the forum – that’s why we have the Open Chat. :> -Kas
ALSO: we have ELDERS! (Or as I’d like to say, Eldurrs!) They’re awesome people and their job is to help YOU become a better RPer! :> Right now, our elder is @caramelprincess. Just tag her if you want to ask something! :>>>
If you’re looking for a sample of a character bio, here is a character of mine (it’s going to be a long post after this one, so if you’re not going to look at my character, then my work here is done and you can stop reading :> *flies away*):
Name: Lukas Faust
Finger-glow: jet black with white streaks, unlocked at a rather untimely afternoon as he was having a bad day. He unlocked it before class, when his tea made his bagel all wet and soggy, and him very frustrated that his fingers started to glow a dim light, and then suddenly, his finger-glow was unlocked. However, his fingers turn a ****** crimson when intense feelings regarding love emerge from him.
Parents/faerie tale lineage: A very unimportant Ever for a father, and an unknown mother who was not a princess and was not even a student from the School for Good and Evil.
He was a bast*rd, an illegitimate child born from his one of his father’s playful nights with the maid in her quarters.
Pet: He never liked animals – they stole food, needed constant care and attention, annoyed their owners in the most uncute ways, and made their owners work day and night for them.
Crush: [TRIGGER WARNING: homos*xual, if you’re uncomfortable] So he used to have a slight massive crush on his best friend, but well, stars happened. There’s this nosy – like, really nosy – boy with whom he spent time under the stars and with whom he learned about constellations and other stuff in the sky. What was that boy’s name again? Viv—Vive le Flynn? Oh, Flynn Vivalar.
Talent: He can hold grudges. Quite well. And he is an adequate swordsman (he does better with his fists). He can conjure a knight’s ghost with his sword, and he can control this ghost – something like an extension of himself – and make said ghost fight in his stead.
Typical outfit: (this I shall not think about because I am too lazy to do so.)
Appearance: His hair is ashen, a messy pixie cut that was clearly meant for girls. His face is pale, with freckles all over his face. His lips always formed a thin line – somewhere between a straight face and a frown. He was overly tall for his age, apparently, and his voluminous hair really helps with his height. Pointed ears, a button nose, and a sharp chin. His eyes used to be a bright and sparkly shade of blue, until he started to lack interest in the world and he just became plain and lifeless. On his left arm, he has a very minimalistic tattoo of three asterisks in a row, and he calls said tattoo ‘Vive’.
Personality: Well…how can I begin to describe him? Lukas is a rainbow – a greyscale rainbow. It’s either he’s sad, he’s bored, or he’s mad. Usually at himself. Rarely, very rarely, the rainbow gets a tinge of blue, green – surprise, excitement – and red – love. adoration. veneration. admiration. He rarely showed emotion except disgust. He disliked Good, and interacting with Evers was torture to him. He used to wish he was in Evil or something, but it lessened when he met various people in his life. He really likes to be alone, or sometimes he was seen with few people. A few select people. He talks to himself a lot, more like soliloquys really, and he does not realize the genius residing in him. He self-loathes, and is a skeptic. The only thing he believes in is a newly-brewed cup of tea. He has yet to find a reason to stay in Good. Oh, and his newest addition to the very short list of his likes: stars. He is suddenly into stars so much that he draws Orion, his favourite constellation, on every surface he gets his hands on.
Thanks! And I know this sound stocker ish but that name sound familiar do I know u I’ll?
Hey, @flyingnarwhal21 ! Welcome to RP level 0! I’m assuming you know me already 🙂 We usually start with a bio for our character, and I believe that the format is in one of the comments above, then usually use that character in a story that we post in chapters. Please don’t post one-liners because they push the other amazing stories back, preventing people from reading them… Anyway, that was just a short summary, and ‘m assuming that you know how to tag already since you mentioned my name in your post. Thanks for the shoutout! Anyway, hope you have an awesome time posting your bios and your story here on RP level 0! If you have any questions, just ask any one of us and we’ll be happy to help. Have a great time 🙂